Massive Monday sees massive surge in job applications at deVere

The annual Massive Monday recruitment rush saw a 125 per cent rise in applicants at deVere at the start of 2018, compared to last year.

Over the festive period people make resolutions, have time to focus and review what they want from their careers and set new goals. As such, Massive Monday, a term used in the recruitment industry for the first working Monday of the New Year, is the most popular day of the year to seek out a new job, and always results in a surge of people applying to join our network of offices across the globe.

However, this year we’ve seen a super surge of applicants at deVere.

Indeed, as I was quoted as saying in International Investment and Global Banking and Finance Review, plus other media outlets, around 40 per cent of the applications we’ve received have been from people who are seeking a new career in the financial advisory sector, whilst the other 60 per cent are from finance professionals already working in the industry in other organisations.

At present we’re now going through these applications and are very much looking forward to some of the most talented individuals joining us all over the world.

deVere is going through a period of expansion, and we have some exciting plans in the pipeline for 2018 to not only meet a continuous uptick in demand, but also develop our current business and begin operations in new jurisdictions. I’m therefore delighted we’ve received so many high-level applications at the start of the New Year.

I believe the main reasons why so many people seek to join deVere is because they greatly value our size and strength in the industry. These traits mean we have robust relationships with the largest financial institutions in the world; provide first-class compliance, marketing, technical, administration and back office support; and effectively adapt to ever-changing regulatory landscapes when needed.

Indeed, with the regulatory environment constantly moving and client needs and expectations advancing, this has led to a number of organisations having to leave the market. This is again a motivation for the rise in the number of applicants looking to join deVere.

Another significant pull factor for applicants applying to work with us is our truly global presence. deVere is everywhere. Furthermore, this year’s worldwide expansion plans mean we’ll be launching in even more areas.

In addition, cutting-edge training and professional development schemes, and deVere favouring in-house promotion, are all major incentives for new recruits.

2018 is set to be an exciting and fulfilling year for the financial services industry. Indeed, judging by Massive Monday and the increase in applications we’ve received this year, more and more people are seeking to join and flourish in this dynamic sector.

Click here for my LinkedIn profile and Twitter account.

Your comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Financial Health Quiz

Discover your financial well-being with the Financial Health Quiz.

In just 2 minutes, assess your finances, get personalized results, and actionable steps – all for free.

Take the quiz

Get the latest from Nigel Green